Today another annoucement has been bestowed upon us for this year’s festivities, and it was a bit of a doosey!
Two More Houses Named!
The actual post by HHN Twitter and Facebook was kind of interesting. It claimed 3 more houses, but only named two.
The 2 houses that have been named are both originals, and it included the name and an interesting piece of information about Chance’s haunted house this year, but we will get to that soon. First we need to backtrack just a little bit.
Whoopsie! We leaked it!
If you have been following us on Facebook, you will know that Universal leaked the name of the original house code named “cobweb” last week. Whether it was on purpose or an accident, the information is now out there and making its way around the information superhighway.
As you can see in the above Annual Passholder mailer, they give information regarding Passholer Early Admission, which they do every year. If you are an annual passholder and not aware of this perk, it is a very advantageous opportunity to enter the event and access three of the houses before ANY of the other guests. If you notice, the newsletter gives the names of the three houses they are giving early access too, but one of them hasn’t actually been announced yet: Tomb of The Ancients.
This house, as we have been informed, will have guests walk through an ancient Egyptian tomb and will be reminiscent of the mummy franchise of films. It will include very clautrophbic scenes and of course, cobwebs everywhere!
Universal’s official synopsis for this house is as such: “An ancient evil has surfaced and immortal beings from the past have returned to rule mankind. It was only a matter of time until “The Ancient Ones” were unearthed. Now these makers of chaos are loose from the pits of hell—and the whole world will pay.”
Flashing forward back to today, we have received two more house names and now finally have been given the number of scarezones in the park this year.
One of the two named original houses is that of Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch.
Universal’s official synopsis for this house reads “When lightning strikes, the curse of Lightning Gulch comes to life and this ghostly town appears. These doomed souls—who once went searching for gold—found death and destruction. And now they seek others to join them. As thunder cracks, flashes of lightning will lead your way through this treacherous wild west nightmare. Good luck!”
The second house that has been named is one we have been talking about for awhile now, Chance’s own haunted house. It will be named “Lunatic’s Playground” but that’s not it, there’s something else they revealed about the house…….IT WILL BE 3D!!!
Universal’s official synopsis for the house reads “While Jack’s away, Chance has unleashed the horrors of her imagination. Her twisted delusions and reality are continuously blurred in a 3D playground of carnage. When the music box plays, the world shifts to her sinister theatre of the mind. But when the alarm starts ringing, Chance is thrown back into the brutal reality of her incarceration.”
Scarezones Finally Revealed
We now know that there will be 5 of them scattered throughout the park. From the last few years, including last, we can assume they will be located: Between Despicable Me and Shrek, Hollywood Boulevard, the large Manhattan area, Central Park, and San Fracisco (where Disaster used to be)
Here’s a list of this year’s scarezones!
- Survive or Die: Apocalypse – A global catastrophe has ruined Earth’s atmosphere. One group of survivors secured a machine that provides clean air. The two other surviving groups are on the hunt to gain control of the machine and are recruiting new members to help them. You can either join them or feed their staving ranks. Which will you choose?
- Lair of the Banshees – Travel deep into the forest where evil spirits and horrific creatures of the ancient world roam free. Mother Nature’s magical barrier of vines has been torn away and the modern world has found the entrance to this corrupted grave.
- Dead Man’s Wharf – When a fishing vessel named Annabel Lee never returned to the harbor and was lost forever, the wharf was left uninhabited as a memorial to her. Now, a strange fog has rolled into the village. And the long-lost fishermen’s spirits seek to punish the town that left them.
- Vamp ’55 – Welcome to Hollywood High School’s 1955 Homecoming Parade. Everything is in place, until the greasers roll into town with fangs instead of switchblades. It’s a procession of chaos with vampires ready to take a bite out of anyone in sight.
- A Chance In Hell – Get ready for the audition of a lifetime. Chance may be locked away, but that hasn’t stopped her. As the alarms ring and the bloody remains of those who tried to stop her lie around, she’s busy recruiting cellmates to join her biggest act yet. (I hope I get chosen!)
So What Do We Know Now, And What Else is There To Learn?
As we know now, the house line up is as such, in order of their reveal:
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Excorcist
- The Walking Dead (all six season)
- Haloween: Hell come to Haddonfield
- Tomb Of The Ancients
- Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch
- Chance’s Lunatic’s Playground 3D
As you can see, there is only one house left. There is much speculation as to what it will be, including a certain TV series (which we will not name)
We are SO CLOSE to knowing everything we can taste it. Can’t you smell the drywall and fog now?!?! Look out for the official television advertisement next and keep following us for the last house announcement and we will see you on September 16th!